Hollywood on the Hill: Hollywood News and Notes
Step Afrika stomped out a percussive dance form in “sizzling moves“ that filled the Palace with rhythm and sound. ethnicevents.com
As we eagerly anticipate the summer movie season, film studios and agencies are making numerous behind the scenes move to set up 2012 as the most exciting year in film history. From superhero flicks to Tom Hooper's next big thing, below are some of the biggest things coming for us next year.
-Although Zack Snyder's film Sucker Punch was a bust, Warner Bros is still extremely excited for his next project, Superman. Snyder and producer friend Christopher Nolan have already cast Henry Cavill as Superman and Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as his parents. It is now reported that Amy Adams will play Lois Lane. This is a great move for both Adams and Warner Bros. Warner Bros needed to fill that spot with not just a pretty face but also a respected actor. Adams, who is coming off her best supporting actress nomination from The Fighter, will do great being the face of such a commercial project. The last major role waiting to be filled is who will be the infamous General Zod. Viggo Mortensen and Gerard Butler are the leading two candidates as of now.
-Universal's next big project Snow White and the Huntsman has Kristen Stewart as Snow White. This is an interesting casting for Stewart, as I thought her representation would have pushed her to more serious and less commercial roles after Twilight. Charlize Theron has been cast as the evil queen and Viggo Mortensen is also now in talks for the titular huntsman.
-Mila Kunis has now officially signed on to be the wicked witch Theodora in Sam Raimi's Oz: The Great and the Powerful. This prequel to The Wizard of Oz will star James Franco as the wizard and according to Variety, Raimi is looking at Olivia Wilde, Amy Adams, Kate Beckinsale, Keira Knightly and Rebecca Hall for the roles of the other two sisters.
-Tom Hooper who recently won the Oscar for best director (The King's Speech) has now decided his next project will be a remake of the classic French tale Les Miserables. This move seems to fit in perfectly with Hooper's style of serious historical European dramas.
-Disney is now developing a full-length feature film centered around Mickey Mouse. This announcement was made after Disney's extreme success with the Mickey Mouse video game. The film will most likely incorporate all of the other Disney characters and be filmed in 3-D.
-Showtime has announced that their next big project will be the comic book adaptation of Chew. The network is describing the show as a dark comedy with extreme violence. I am guessing the network is trying to follow the same marketing technique as their show Dexter. Showtime is also preparing for their premier of The Borgias this Sunday night. The show is about one of the most famous crime families in the Catholic Church.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Colgate Maroon-News News Articles
Recent The Colgate Maroon-News News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE COLGATE MAROON-NEWS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE COLGATE MAROON-NEWS NEWS
RECENT THE COLGATE MAROON-NEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus